Monday 12 August 2013

Johnston House (#11-16)


11. Johnson House - taken from the OLRC staff car park.



12. Johnson House - taken from the OLRC staff car park.



13. Johnson House - taken from the footpath at the rear of the OLRC. (12/AUG/2013)
Taken from vantage point h*


14. Johnson House - taken from the footpath at the rear of the OLRC. (12/AUG/2013)
Taken from vantage point h*


15. Johnson House and the OLRC staff car park - taken from the first floor inside the OLRC. (12/AUG/2013)



16. Johnston House - taken from the first floor inside the OLRC. (12/AUG/2013)


*See map and key for vantage points: Map and key

3 comments:

  1. I lived in Johnston (Room 12 on the 1st floor I seem to remember) for the first term that I was a CQSW/Youth and Community Work student in the Autumn of 1980. My finest hour was trying to organise a rent strike because the administration wouldn't tell me how much of our fees were being spent on maintaining the gardens, but like most student 'involvement' at Westhill there was little enthusiasm for such 'radical' action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in room 50 of Johnson House for my first term in Westhill in 1976. Have many happy memories of my time there. Wish I'd known so many of the buildings I became so familiar with were being demolished - I would have liked a trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My time at Westhill was from 1965-68 and I had a great time. My first year was in Johnston House; men on the bottom and top floors with women in between! In the second year my friend Tony Bates and I were lucky to get a room at Fircroft College up the road. I can't remember the next small house on campus we moved to (in between Johnston and restaurant) and the last year in Barrow Cadbury. I understand there is a reunion event this week but I can't find any details.

    ReplyDelete